Sunday 27 July 2008

Sunshine!

You know you're addicted to your laptop when you bring it outside so that you can enjoy blogging whilst getting some long awaited sunshine! Of course, the glare of the sun off the laptop screen does make it rather difficult to see what you are doing, but I can still see the screen.

Having said that, it's far more tempting to just sit back and close my eyes and soak up the sun's rays. It's hot and it's gorgeous and I really should go and put some suncream on or at least a hat, which I think that I will definitely go and do.

That's better, I don't feel as though I am squinting quite so much and can actually see the screen better! The washing is hanging about a metre and a half in front of me, gently drying in the sun and with my hat on, I can't actually see the washing so it doesn't feel as though I am sitting in a laundry room!

I gave up with the laptop, slathered on some sunscreen and read a book instead, but an hour later I am now indoors as it is actually too hot, yes, I said too hot - here in Britain it is actually too hot to sit out in the full sunshine!! I could go and get the large sun umbrella but I can't be bothered! ha ha

And then later on, I went to soak up some more sunshine only to find this.....


Fortunately she didn't stay there long, so I was able to get a bit more sunshine before the shadow covered all the garden at 7pm.

Yesterday's ICLW comments: (although I am actually writing this on Saturday afternoon!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm a little bit embarrassed to admit that I chose the location of my hammock on our deck based on which end of the deck got better wireless signal. My boyfriend thought I was insane.

Unknown said...

I'm with Jane - I have my favorite outdoor chair in the spot where I get the best wireless recption. I'm a blogging addict, what more can I say!

Nic said...

I KNOW! TOO BLOODY HOT! isn't it mad?!! last night was dire, couldn't sleep, finally got a towel and soaked it in cold water and draped it on myself.

I am willing a breeze tonight though, summers...overrated!! LOL Just kidding xxx