Wednesday 16 July 2008

Bureaucracy

Hmmm, you know that your organisation has really reached breaking point when it comes to asking staff to....

squash all envelopes as flat as possible as any letters thicker
than 5mm now get classed as large letters and attract extra cost

I knew finances were difficult, but I didn't realise they were that difficult! Fortunately as a manager I deal with very little actual stuffing of envelopes so I don't have to deal with that sort of thing.

Instead I have to annoy the accountants when I discover that they've put an amount in my budget (spent!) that actually belongs to another department! Fortunately that hasn't happened in a while, but I think that if we are down to squashing envelopes then there may be more creative accounting going on that I need to keep an eye out for.

1 comment:

Nic said...

This whole economy thing is very disturbing...even if you've worked hard, gone careful you can see the effects trickling into your life.

Hope you have a good weekend!