Friday 4 July 2008

Independence Day

Well, I should be saying Happy Independence Day to all you American bloggers out there, but how can I when we lost that particular war!!

If we celebrated it on this side of the pond, what do you think we'd call it? My imagination is not doing justice to my very own question.....umm...."no more tea parties day" (rather lame!), "Reduced taxes day" (i.e. we're not going to get any more from the colonies!!).

I am clearly not very good at thinking up catchy slogans for the anti independence day!! Is anyone feeling up to the challenge of coming up with something tongue-in-cheek?

Of course, I do actually mean Happy Independence Day!!
Enjoy all those barbecues and fireworks and weekends with friends and family!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I didn't realize you were on the other side of the pond! Some of my co-workers are in England and everything work wise was par-for-the-course for them yesterday, while I was like, "I am not looking at any of these emails until Monday!" :)

Anonymous said...

Hehe - I was in England one year as an exchange student over the 4th of July weekend. We happened to be at a military base of some kind for a wedding. I, being the totally lame teenager that I was, and also being a t-i-n-y bit drunk from the coke-and-alcohol of choice drinks they apparently were handing out to 13 year olds there, was taunting the soldiers stationed there that it was the 4th.

Hey, at least *I* wasn't the one throwing candied beets at the wedding guests and embedding them into the wedding cake. No, that was the father of my host family.

Dang, you England folks can party! LOL!

BTW - I'd call it "have fun on your own in the woods, ya wankers" day.